Showing 1 - 36 of 94 total
Shaggy Area Rug Collection
SHAGGY AREA RUG COLLECTION
About Shaggy Area Rug
For people who are looking to add comfort and warmth to the home, Shaggy Area Rug is the perfect example of it. The name, in itself, shows the look of the rug, the shaggy appearance. It is an unofficial ambassador of softness to decorate your living room. Such rugs are ideal for a bedroom or a living room. These rugs can add a minimalistic look without giving up the warmth. Lay down a shag rug to add a luxury monochromatic touch.
Shag rugs broke the popularity charts during the early 60s and 70s, and have continued ever since, especially with better maintenance methods. The rugs provide comfort and a welcoming feel. It makes shag a mainstay for the floor, with bean bag chairs as a preferred furnishing in the house.
"Story behind the Shaggy Word derivation"
They are called shag rugs because they aren’t traditional looking and carry a shag-type appearance. In the US, shag is a dance that is well known in Southern beach towns, is said to have inspired a genre of music that goes with the swing dance, and it became known as Carolina shag. In Southern beach towns, this dance style is now deeply rooted, and it is the official state dance of North and South Carolina. Shagging isn't simply grooving to cool music either, but the term is popular in Sporting circles as well. An unkempt appearance of a person can also be referred to as "Shaggy". The word ‘Shag’ comes from the old English word "Sceacga", which is closely related to the old Norse word, Skegg. Here, Skegg means a rug or a carpet with a longer pile.
History of Shaggy Area Rug
People were in a dilemma that Shaggy Rugs might have originated in the early 60s along with the Lava lamps and tie-dye, but the truth is that they have been around from before. The Origins of shag rugs are from Asian countries with slow "Flokati Rugs".
Flokati Rugs, fashioned from goat hair, featured their long strands. As the style gained popularity, it spread in the Middle East and was often used to decorate Royal palaces during the time.
Unlike other ancient rugs, Shaggy rugs were crafted with different materials but with one thing in common, which is the deep pile made from long loops. The somewhat haggard appearance of shag rugs is where it earned the now-famous tag, and it has remained the same throughout.
Rugs that we Provide
The following are some of the shag rugs that are available on our site:
- Hand Woven Bold Swirl Roca Landscape Grey/Black Area Rug Carpet
- Hand Woven Bold Swirl Roca Landscape Blue Area Rug Carpet
- Hand Woven Bold Swirl Roca Landscape Beige/Brown Area Rug Carpet
- Hand Woven Solo Cosmo Purple Area Rug Carpet
- Hand Woven Solo Cosmo Gold Area Rug Carpet
- Hand Woven Solo Cosmo Silver Area Rug Carpet
- Hand Woven Solo Cosmo Blue Area Rug Carpet
- Hand Woven Solo Cosmo Beige Area Rug Carpet
- Hand Woven Solo Cosmo Aqua Area Rug Carpet
- Hand-Knotted Shaggy Solo Twilight Green Area Rug Carpet
- Hand-Tufted Abstract Circle Shag Roca Pebbles White/Brown Area Rug Carpet
- Hand-Tufted Abstract Circle Shag Roca Pebbles Grey/Black Area Rug Carpet
- Hand-Tufted Abstract Contemporary Roca Island Grey Area Rug
- Hand-Tufted Abstract Contemporary Roca Island Blue Area Rug Carpet
- Hand-Tufted Ring Shag Roca Tweed Mauve Area Rug Carpet
What Mat Living Offers
Mat living offers tufted, woven, hand-knotted, and handloom floor carpets on its web portal for the convenience of customers, who can order the products and receive free shipping within Continental USA. You can find varied pricing at Mat Living, depending on the quality of yarn and product quality. The areas which are popular these days are comfy bedroom homes, decorated area rugs for kids, rugs for living rooms, etc. We provide rugs from very large to smaller ones, with the option of custom rugs available. If you want to order Shaggy rugs for your home to add a soft touch, then visit our website section Shaggy Area Rug Collection whose link is
https://matliving.com/collections/shag-rugs. Order Now.
View More +