Rugs in a room indeed add to the aesthetics. Many might contemplate when choosing rugs for the dining room as they can be spoilt with food spilling. But, choosing the right carpet will anchor the space and bring in color and style.
Don’t worry, as we have listed many vital points to help you find the desired dining room rug of your dream. You can select several options as per your area’s demands.
A variety of material and color options
The dining room area rugs must-have materials incorporated to sustain the wear and tear. Here, chairs and tables are often adjusted. Food spill is a common attribute; hence, it is crucial to consider the materials that engage in a longer life span and be affordable.
A rug with fibers that are natural and synthetic weaved in different techniques can be installed in such an area as it has moderate traffic.
Choosing a color and pattern for a dining room area rug can be pretty decisive as considerations have to be kept in mind that this area hosts several spills of food and drinks. You can opt for stripes or patterned rugs.
Measuring before purchasing any item is considered to be being on the safe side. Especially when you opt for buying a dining room area rug, it should be essential that you choose a design that blends well with your dining table. Consider whether you want your table set on the carpet or have enough space even after the rug is placed.
- 4’X6’: for a dining area that has compact spacing, this sizing option of a dining room rug would suit well. This can also be used as layering rugs.
- 5’X5’, 6’X6’ & 8’X8’: if you have a round dining table set, you can opt for these sizing options of round dining room area rugs. They help define the space and, in addition, inject life into a room.
- 5’X8’ & 6’X9’: this medium size is best suited for a dining set of 4-piece chairs. As they do not take up much space, this helps to outline different areas within a room by providing a designated spot for seating or dining.
- 8’X10’: when you want all the dining table chairs to be placed on the rug, this large size helps. Flower, geometric patterns can be chosen.
- 9’X12’: after considering your interior space, you can set up this area rug, which is used as an accent and serves well as a finishing piece in a dining room. This extra-large area rug will suit a dining table with 14 seats.
What can you choose?
MAT Living has an array of color and design options for the dining room area rug.
Flat weaved, or rugs with low piles with an eccentric design can be preferred for such areas. They are known to be durable and best suited for a moderated traffic space.
Carpets made with materials that are easy to clean and maintain can also be chosen for the dining room area rug.