Linen Area Rugs
LINEN AREA RUGS
Many fabrics are made from flax plants, and linen is one of the most widely used. Linen is known to be strong, durable, and absorbent. It is often used by blending with other materials in rug making because it is comfortable and dries much faster than cotton, making it an ideal fabric. Since it is known for its absorbing properties, the carpets made of linen can be placed in areas that receive heavy moisture.
History of linen:-
The usage of linen in textiles dates back to millennium years. Evidence of their use can be found by looking at ancient civilizations in the 18th century. The primitive Egyptians were the first to manufacture linen in bulk. In exchange for money, this material was traded to the moneyed Egyptians.
It is known to us how much linen makes a product sturdy and functional. As a result, we blend linen in fractions that bring both performance and aesthetics.
Below we have listed the benefits of using Linen area rugs.
- Breathability: Linen area rugs are light and can be easily placed in an area.
- Soft: linen, as a material, is very soft, and incorporating them into rugs, gives comfort underfoot.
- Allergy: linen area rugs can be easily placed in interiors where people have allergies as these rugs are hypoallergic.
- Kid and pet-friendly: Linen area hypoallergic, so the area rugs made out of them are safe for kids and pets.
Caring for linen area rugs:-
- Sweeping the linen area rug with a broom can be done regularly so that dust and dirt accumulation is less.
- Fibers that come out quickly should not be pulled out; instead, self-trimming can be done.
- Linen area rugs should not be exposed to direct sunlight.
- Vacuuming without using a beater bar can be done to the carpet for its proper maintenance.
MAT Living offers customization services for the quality and comfort of your area rug, and you may choose linen if that is the preferred material.
View More +