Showing 1 - 36 of 505 total
Contemporary Area Rug Collection
WHAT IS A CONTEMPORARY RUG?
A contemporary rug is designed considering the contrast, bold use of colors, geometric and free form elements. Contemporary rugs are designed to give the customers the feeling of connecting with their peers and depends on their patterns and colors. They are western in design and they are best suited to new and relaxed homes. These types of rugs find favor among the corporate class and employ free-form abstract-styled elements.
HOW DO THE CONTEMPORARY RUGS LOOK LIKE?
Most contemporary rugs use bold colors, contrasting elements, and geometric patterns. They look like pages from an architectural guide. Some contemporary rugs even exhibit the retro features that were used earlier in the '70s, ‘80s, and '90s, almost similar to art-deco, while others are completely fresh works of art. Though they are considered architectural, they are considered contemporary as well with plenty of influence from the art deco, and arts and crafts period. So, the contemporary rug design can be a nod to the past, even if the look and feel are very contemporary.
Let's see few characteristics of the Contemporary Rugs:
Characteristics of Contemporary Rugs
- It is a great addition to any kind of room, be it a dining room, bedroom, guest rooms, playrooms, and living room, and is a versatile style.
- Its architectural and contemporary design will help you define the space unifying your furniture décor and accessories.
- Even if your room is completely carpeted, adding contemporary rugs will help you in adding depth to it.
- It will surely give your room appear larger than it is, and thereby increase the comfort level of the space. It works as an optical illusion to enhance the spaces.
- In the royal houses of many countries, people use such kinds of contemporary rugs that could bring a sense of coziness with sophistication.
- The patterns are often contemporary and non-intricate that will give it a look you might have not seen or used before.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE A CONTEMPORARY RUG OR CONTEMPORARY AREA RUG
A contemporary area rug is like a modern art canvas. The rug will surely give you the fun feeling: playful, yet formal, and romantic. No matter what the color, the design or style of contemporary rug always gives it unique accessories of its own.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND BEFORE PURCHASING IT
There are a few things that you should keep in mind before purchasing any kind of contemporary rugs because it may be harder to Nail down with many options available. You may also be confused with the style of contemporary rug to add to your eclectic furniture. Contemporary rugs add an element of fun to your room, giving a little spunky look in your home décor, but when done right.
- Make sure you find the right size for your living room. For example, if you want a rug that is large enough to be able to put at least the front legs of each furniture piece on top of the rug, you can go for area rug size 5’ x 8’, 5’x7’. Check our rug size guide for more details.
- Analyze the type of furniture that you have in your room before you choose your contemporary rug because if you have a piece of bulky furniture, then always consider a rug with an all-over pattern so that part of it is visible when the furniture covers a majority of the rug. This way you can enjoy the pleasing look of your room.
- You can choose a more affordable décor option by keeping your furniture a lot larger than your rug.
Mat living can help you decorate your homes and can help you find the right rug because of our blogs that serve as guides to help you decide which rug is best for your home. In addition, use these tips to give a rich look to your home. Remember to consider how you use the space, the way you want to feel when you enter your room and how you can give your room a transition while you live in your home.
View More +