Showing 37 - 72 of 166 total
Farmhouse Area Rugs
The farmhouse style can be described as casual, simple, warm, comfortable, welcoming, and embracing. It, in a way, represents the American roots. The homes designed in the style of a farmhouse can tend to be more vintage and antique, and you can also find more modern farmhouse designs.
Today's farmhouse style is brightened by crisp white shiplap walls, distressed wood, iron furniture, and natural hues—rugs complementing this casual style in natural fibers, simple-to-match stripes and solids, and traditional patterns.
A farmhouse area rug could be made of natural fibers, and it's a rigid material that is soft and long-lasting. The wool-made farmhouse area rug can be a fantastic method to give a retro design to modern spaces.
Another excellent material that could aid in creating the farmhouse rug is the blend of silky fibers and viscose material.
Ornamentation with Farm-house area rugs
The farmhouse look is more than a style. The simple, minimalist design is timeless, making it a style that can be used anywhere.
- Set up solid furniture in distressed wood with an unstriped or solid farmhouse rug.
- Select rugs and décor in a palette that includes white and cream and gray slate, and navy.
- Choose an oversized couch to create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Find antique and upcycled pieces with brand new rugs such as the Fuschia or Mocha that are fresh and modern with neutral tones and cool muted shades.
Where to place farmhouse area rugs?
- Entrance: Sturdiness is the most crucial factor, so choose wool or a synthetic indoor rug.
- Living Room: Experience an incredibly soft underfoot feel without sacrificing strength with the hook or tufted rug made of synthetic fibers or wool from nature.
- Bedrooms and the Home Office: Choose a soft rug such as a shaggy rug or a tufted rug.
- Dining Room: Choose an indoor rug that is stain-resistant or wool that naturally resists staining.
Are farmhouse area rugs suitable for you?
With a busy household and a lot of walking indoors and outdoors, farmhouses are subject to lots of people walking through their doors, which is why farmhouse rugs must be durable enough to take on the job. Natural fibers like wool make an excellent option for a farmhouse since they're durable. The neutral color blends well with the mixture of old-fashioned furniture, rustic wood, and a crisp whitewash, which can be the hallmark of the design of a room. You can opt for natural or synthetic materials.
The versatile nature of farmhouse area rugs helps them be styled in any interior set-up. If you're a busy family or simply enjoy the warm appeal of farmhouse decor, farmhouse rug designs can bring this well-known style to your home.
Check out the MAT Living page for more design, textures, and color palate in this styling. There are more styles for you to explore on this website.
View More +